Chris Whetstone, DDS
Thousand Oaks Gentle Dentistry
223 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. #316
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
To Our Dental Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We have all been through a lot over the last few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office has always followed infection control recommendations from all relevant governmental and professional agencies. These practices include:
- Sterilizing all reusable dental instruments at an extremely high temperature and pressure.
- Cleaning surfaces with a hospital grade disinfectant between each patient.
- Covering high-touch surfaces with disposable covers, replaced between each patient.
- Wearing facemasks during procedures.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We’ve added a hospital grade air filter to the treatment room. This Swiss-made IQ filter removes 99.99% of contaminants –including viruses and bacteria– from the air.
- All members of our office have a daily health screening and temperature check, and all members wear masks.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked the same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We will ask you to wear a mask while in our waiting room.
- We will use a no-touch forehead thermometer to check your temperature before treatment.
- The dental chair you sit on in the treatment room is covered with a disposable barrier.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys, since those items are difficult to routinely clean and disinfect.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (805) 496-9393 or send us an email at [email protected].
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Sincerely, Chris Whetstone DDS, Michelle, Erin, Mia and Rose